Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Veteran's Day

So I am five days late on this one, but today I am thankful for all of the service men and women that protect our wonderful country.  Each and every one of them put their life on the line to protect the freedoms we are lucky to have in this country.  I especially want to recognize my uncle Greg who just returned from Iraq as well as my friends and high school classmates that have stepped up and provided such a great service for our country.  I also want to recognize the wives and families of these service men and women.  I don't think they get the recognition they deserve as they manage the households back home when their spouse/father/mother is away.  Active duty appears to be just as hard on the soldier's families and I thank them for all they do.

God Bless America

Bessie

PS - Happy Birthday Dagney!  Thank you for your service in the military as well!

No comments: