Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Oh Brother!

Happy Friday - I mean Wednesday!  Today is the last day of work for the week for most of us with Thanksgiving break starting.  Our office is being shut down at 1:30 so that should give Chris and I plenty of time to get to the airport for our 4:30 flight.

Today I am thankful for my brothers.  I was able to catch up with both of them over the phone last night and enjoyed every minute of our conversations.  I am very luck to have such great brothers.  Although no one would have probably believed it based on how much we fought as kids, I would consider both of my brother's two of my best friends now.  We have been through a lot together and through thick and thin we have stood by each other and supported each other.  My little brother has not met Chris yet and probably won't get a chance to until the week before the wedding (we are trying to figure out a way to meet up before then).  He has been very protective of me and asked me a lot of questions about Chris wanting to make sure he is the right guy for me, but at the end of the day, he trusts my judgement and knows I am very happy and that is all that matters to him.  I know they will get along just fine :)

I am sad that I won't get to see either of my brother's or their families this Thanksgiving but we are all with each other in spirit and know that we will make up it the next time we see each other.

I hope everyone that is traveling today has safe travels and makes it to their destinations.  I pray that the weather holds out until everyone makes it to where they are going so that the holidays can be spent with family.

Bessie

No comments: