June 13th
Good evening everyone! I am writing this post as I sit in the Chicago O’Hare airport on my way (maybe) to Freemont Michigan for work for the week. My flight to Chicago was delayed by 2 hours because of the weather in Chicago so I missed my connection. I was originally scheduled to land at 6:40 pm in Grand Rapids but am now on a flight that is going to be landing at 12:30 am and will still have an hour drive ahead of me. I really hope my luggage makes it otherwise I will be going into work tomorrow wearing my jeans and a MN Twins t-shirt. I guess that wouldn’t be too bad…let me rethink that one :)
I probably won’t be able to post this to the internet till I get to work in the morning so I will update you on flight status at the end of this post to let you know when I got in.
This past week and a half has been very busy. We went to Columbus OH last weekend for M&K’s wedding. It was a great weekend and the wedding was beautiful. It was fun to catch up with some of my Minnesota friends for the weekend as well. We went to the Columbus art fair on Saturday afternoon before the wedding and had a good time there as well. On Friday night I got the itch to buy a scratch off ticket and ended up winning $25 so that paid for our lunch and parking at the art fair.
This past week I was in NJ for work. We only had a week there so we worked some really long hours including a 14 hr day on Thursday. I was really excited to get home for the weekend.
This weekend I went and did my week four weigh in – I lost another four pounds! That brings my total to 14.4 pounds in a month! I am super excited about this! Almost back to what I need to be for the bridesmaid dress so I am very happy about the progress I have made thus far.
I also took my driver’s license test on Saturday morning and am happy to report that I passed with flying colors so I am now officially a resident of IL. My car license plates are on my Prius, my driver’s license says IL and I am now a registered voter in the state. I have really loved living in IL thus far and am glad I made the move to be closer to Chris. He took me to dinner at the Melting Pot on Saturday night for an early birthday dinner being I am out of town this week. Dinner there was amazing as always (I put my diet aside for the night and it was well worth it). He also got me a Sirius satellite radio for my b-day so we listened to 90’s on 9 all the way there and back.
I am not going to lie – it was very hard to leave to go back to the airport again this morning. Gypsy must have known I was leaving again while I was packing my bag because she was following me around everywhere I went and tried to leave the house with me when I was heading out. I am beyond burnt out from the travel but after next week I “should” be home for a couple of months pending the schedule doesn’t change. I have hit the point in my life that the travel for work is no longer part of what I want to do. Unfortunately it is a pretty big part of my job and will have to do it for a while longer. Hopefully when I get more into the IT projects I will be able to stay at home more often as we shouldn’t have to travel as much for that.
Well, that is enough complaining for the night. I am going to watch the end of the Cubs/White Sox game here at the airport bar and hope to get some sleep on the plane tonight so that I am not dragging too much tomorrow morning. Go Cubs!!!
June 14th
Well, after arriving in Fremont at 4 am last night I skipped the first half of the day at work and am finally in for the day. It was 4:04 am when I crawled into bed and was not about to get up and go into work at 7:30 am so I told my team lead I was going to get some sleep. I am feeling much more refreshed now and am ready to go for the afternoon. The girls on my team that are here are going to go to dinner with me somewhere near Lake Michigan for my birthday tonight so that should be fun. It should make my birthday a little better than it started out this morning. I hope everyone has a great day today!
No comments:
Post a Comment