Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Things I am Thankful For

For those of you that follow my blog, last November, I tried to post something I am thankful for for every day in the month of November leading up to Thanksgiving.  I can’t guarantee a post every single day but if I do miss a couple of days, I will make up for it in the next posting.  Also, we painted our master bedroom this past weekend so I hope to sneak in another post in the next week to show you pictures of the finished project.
Day 1 – Today I am thankful first and foremost for my husband.  I gush about him a lot on here and maybe it’s because we are still in the honeymoon phase, but I truly am blessed to be married to my best friend.  I had a rough day a few weeks ago, and when I got home from work, I ended up unloading a lot of built up frustration from the day on Chris.  I tend to do that once in a while as I don’t like to share with others when I am having a hard day, but every once in a while I let it all out at once and usually end up in tears.  I used to do this with my dad prior to Chris coming along and unfortunately he has now inherited the having to listen to me when I am upset.  He was so sweet.  He listened, helped me feel better about everything, made sure we had a fun night the rest of the evening, and the next day when I came home from work, he had gone out and bought me flowers.  Those flowers made my whole day.  It was completely unexpected and unnecessary but it made me love him even more.  I tend to be a pretty independent woman so to have someone else take care of me once in a while is nice.
My favorite part of each day is coming home from work and seeing his face.  I love that man with all my heart and I am grateful that I was delayed on a flight 6.5 years ago to be able to meet Mike and in turn meet his step-son Chris.  It was a work of God that brought us together and I wouldn’t be where I am right now if it wasn’t for that one plane ride.
-Bessie

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are one lucky lady. I wish for you to be in the honeymoon stage for many many years to come. Remember to always be grateful and thankful for each other. Tell each other how much you love them and NEVER take each other for granted. May love always be in the air for both of you. Yes, God does have a special plan for all of our lives, this was his plan for you both:) Love you guys always:) Mom