Hello All,
This weekend was a whirlwind. Chris’ grandma passed away on Thursday night after a battle with Alzheimer’s and pneumonia. I personally have not known her without the Alzheimer’s but really enjoyed listening to the stories about her before she got sick and knew she was very special to Chris. His mom told me that “Nan would do anything for Chris” and I can easily see that.
She came down with pneumonia a couple of weeks ago and survived eight days without food or water. She had a living will that dictated what efforts could be made so in the long run we just had to let time take its course and are grateful she is now at peace and in heaven spending Christmas with Pa.
It was really sad to see everyone mourning her loss but it was also good to see everyone in the family together. I really enjoy Chris’ mom’s family and had a great time catching up with all of them this past weekend minus the circumstances. I got to meet the rest of Chris’ cousins and an aunt that I had not met in person. Everyone in the family has been very welcoming to me and has made me feel a part of the family since day one. Hopefully next time we all get together it is for a happy occasion.
We received prayer cards at the visitation this weekend that I wanted to share because I thought they were really nice:
The Memorare
Remember O most gracious
Virgin Mary that never was
It known that anyone who
Fled to thy protection,
Implored thy help, or
Sought thy intercession
Was left unaided.
Inspired with this
Confidence, I fly unto
Thee, O Virgin of
Virgins, my Mother.
To thee I come; before
Thee I stand, sinful
And Sorrowful. O Mother
Of the Word Incarnate,
Despise not my petitions;
But in thy mercy hear and
Answer Me. Amen
In Memory of Pat K.
March 16, 1930 – December 15, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment