Monday, March 14, 2011

Let the painting begin!

Hello all,

I hope you are all enjoying the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day.  For me it is totally worth losing an hour of sleep to gain an hour of the sun at the end of the day.  I would be lying though if I told you that 1 hour change didn't affect my sleeping.  It was very hard to wake up this morning for work but I am sure it will be back to normal tomorrow.

After consulting my good friend Barb on paint colors and options, Chris and I went to Ace Hardware and bought paint on Saturday to prime and paint our kitchen, fireplace wall, and the beam that divides the living room from the dining room.  We didn't have plans on Sunday so we slept in, went out for lunch, and started what will be a long whole house painting project for us.  It took us about 5 hours to cover up the red, purple, and dark green with primer and a coat of dry sage Benjamin Moore paint.  It looks so much better in our house already and feels even more like it is ours and not someone else's home.  The lighter color really brightens up the kitchen and makes it look a lot brighter.  We are part way to my goal of having the whole main level painted by Easter and we have the darkest colored and most difficult rooms out of the way now so the rest should be easier.  Then we have to start upstairs which is a whole different animal that we will have to tackle one room at a time...

Here are some before and after pictures for your enjoyment!

Kitchen Before

Kitchen After

Kitchen Before

Kitchen After


Fireplace Before

Fireplace After
Have a good evening!

-Bessie

2 comments:

Mom said...

Nice job guys:) I love the green, but then again I am very partial to green, always have been. Definite improvement over the purple - who in their right mind paints a fireplace wall purple???? Again, very nice, looks so much warmer and welcoming :) Keep those brushes going and before you know it it will all be done.

Mary said...

Looks great! Thanks for the photos!