Good evening everyone!
As I write this post, Joe Mauer is currently 5-5 with 7 RBI's and a HR! It is about time he start playing to his full potential for the year! They are leading the KC Royals 17-0 and showing they are still alive and well! Chris drafted Mauer this spring for his fantasy baseball team just for me and has given me a lot of crap since then as he has had a sub-par season in Joe standards. I am hoping that his play as of this week is a sign of a great second half of the season! Go Twins!
Week 10 was by far my hardest week with the weight loss thus far. I still lost -0.6 lbs this week but discovered how much of a stress eater I am. I had a difficult week at work last week with some things that are going on in my department and I let it get the best of me. As a result I was constantly craving junk food and gave in way more than I should have. I went into my weigh in on Saturday completely expecting to see a weight gain and so the loss was a good surprise. I do know that I can do a lot better. I am determined to get back on track this week and have done well the last couple of days so I am feeling better in both my stress level and in my weight loss plan.
My biggest success this week came on Friday night. I went to the Sara Bareilles concert on Friday night with a couple of friends from work (she was awesome - but more on that in a minute) but the concert didn't start until 8 so a couple of us decided to kill some time at the mall first. I went into NY & Co. and tried on a pair of pants a size smaller than I have been and they FIT!!! I have not been in that size of pants in 7 years so I was super excited! I am still trying to hold off on buying new pants until I get closer to my goal but am starting to run out of things that don't make me look like a drown rat because they are so big. I consider this a good problem to have :)
Back to the concert - Sara Bareilles is one of the most talented artists I have seen perform live before. I like going to concerts when the artist sounds even better live than they do on the radio. She looked like she had a great time up there on the stage for the whole concert & I really enjoyed her new music. I regularly listen to her current CD and have full intentions of buying her new CD in September. I would recommend her music to everyone. Check it out sometime!
This week is shaping up to be very quiet which is just fine with me. My mom and cousin's are coming to visit next week which I am super excited about! Maybe I will get some of my shopping in while they are here.
Thanks to all of you that put up with me last week. With your support and patience I am feeling much better about things this week. I am really trying hard to leave work at work so if you hear me complaining about it, just remind me that it is just a job and tell me to focus on all of the wonderful things I have going on in my life right now. I hope everyone has a good stress free week and hope to post good results this Saturday!
Bessie
No comments:
Post a Comment